In Jerry Cahill’s latest podcast series, The Path Forward with Cystic Fibrosis, we hear from Dr. Selim Arcasoy from Columbia University Medical Center. He discusses the pre-transplant process by covering the following topics:
- When should a CF patient consider a lung transplant?
- When lung function decreases to 30% or below
- When there is an increased infection resistance
- When exacerbations resulting in ICU hospital stays become frequent
- When a patient experiences frequent lung bleeds and collapse
- What is the transplant listing process?
- What is the transplant evaluation process?
- What are some testing and evaluation obstacles, both mental and psychosocial?
- What is dual listing?
- What happens when you are actively listed?
This video podcast was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Columbia University Medial Center and the Lung Transplant Project.