The Boomer Esiason Foundation’s General Academic Scholarships assist CF patients pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees. Grants are awarded quarterly on the basis of demonstrated need and academic accomplishment. They are made directly to the academic institution to assist in covering the cost of tuition and fees. This scholarship is for one year only.
Amount: $500 to $2,500
Deadlines: April 1, 2016, July 1, 2016, September 30, 2016, December 30, 2016.
The BEF Scholarship Program committee considers the applicant’s scholastic ability, character, leadership potential, service to the community and need for financial assistance. Once candidates have been selected as semi-finalists, they will be granted a phone interview with a committee member.
Applicants are required to provide all of the following documents in order to be considered:
- Essay (1. Discuss the importance of compliance to CF therapies and what you practice daily to stay healthy; 2.Discuss your post-graduation goals.)
- Recent photo
- Letter from physician (on letterhead) confirming CF diagnosis and therapy routine
- Transcript (high school, college and/or graduate school)
- Detailed breakdown of tuition costs from academic institution
- W2 form for both parents OR tax return if self-employed
Return completed applications to:
Boomer Esiason Foundation
c/o Chris McEwan
483 10th Avenue, Suite 300
New York, NY 10018
Email questions to: email@example.com