Deadline: June 2, 2017
Doctors and CF centers have made it clear: when it comes to CF, exercise saves lives. BEF’s Exercise for Life Scholarship will be awarded to high school seniors and undergraduate students on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic accomplishment and athletic ability in the area of running.
BEF will grant:
- one male and one female high school student $10,000.
- one male and one female undergraduate student $10,000.
*Grants are made directly to the academic institution to assist in covering the cost of tuition and fees.
Applicants must be a high school senior or undergraduate student who has cystic fibrosis and demonstrates scholastic ability, athletic ability (as evidenced by regular exercise), character, leadership, service to the community, need for financial assistance, and daily compliance to CF therapy. The student-athlete should jog on a regular basis and be training for the 1.5-mile qualifying run. All candidates will be judged on the basis of time.
Applicants are required to provide all of the following documents in order to be considered:
• Completed Exercise For Life training log (download here)
• Essay (1. Discuss the importance of compliance to CF therapies and what you practice daily to stay healthy; 2.Discuss your post-graduation goals.)
• Recent photo
• Letter from physician (on letterhead) confirming CF diagnosis and therapy routine
• Most recent W2 form for both parents
• Transcript (high school, college and/or graduation school)
• Detailed breakdown of tuition costs from academic institution
• Signed online waiver
Return completed applications to:
Boomer Esiason Foundation
c/o Chris McEwan
483 10th Avenue, Suite 300
New York, NY 10018
Email questions to: email@example.com