- Wind Sprint 43: Walking and Jogging Hills for Endurance and Strength
- Wind Sprint 42: Dressing for Outdoor Exercise
- Wind Sprint 41: Protecting Your Skin with Sun Screen
- CF Wind Sprint 37: Full Body Exercises to Do Outdoors
- CF Wind Sprint 36: Upper Body Exercises to Do Outdoors
- Wind Sprint 7: Using an Oxygen Tank While Exercising
- Wind Sprint 6: Using a Percussor for Airway Clearance
Joan Finnegan Brooks
I am 49 years old, and I grew up in Sleepy Hollow, N.Y. Born with CF in 1960, I was given less than 10 years to live. My mother and father instilled independence and responsibility in me at a young age, and I learned to do all of my therapies and take care of myself by the time I reached high school. I have never viewed CF as a burden; it is something that is built into my every day routine.
Joan on Exercise
Exercise is one of the most important factors in my life and staying healthy with CF. I discovered the wonders of exercise in high school while playing field hockey. As a result of all the running on the field, my lungs would clear and I could breathe easier. Since then, I have run – I’ve completed a marathon and several half-marathons. I also enjoy dancing and cycling.
Joan's Life and Mission
I attended Brown University and graduated with a degree in economics. I live in the Boston area with my husband of 20 years. I work full-time, managing my own consulting practice. I also volunteer for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, as giving back to the community is very important to me. For 49 years, I have successfully managed CF and remained optimistic the entire time. I intend to possess that attitude well into the future.
A Fun Fact About Joan: Her favorite food is mashed potatoes.
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Favorite Pastime: Sudoku
Favorite Movie: It’s a Wonderful Life
Favorite Color: Green
Dream Vacation: Italy
You can find Joan on … Facebook