Faisal is 18 years old and currently resides in Concord, CA. He recently graduated from High School and is headed to college in the fall. Faisal plays soccer for the Diablo FC in the National Premier League and was a member of the Afghanistan U19 National Team.
- Faisal was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at birth.
- He was once ranked 3rd in the world in the video game Call of Duty Black Ops 2.
- His love of soccer stems from his sister. She played while he was growing up, and he always wanted to play too.
- In middle school Faisal started to understand the importance of being compliant with his cystic fibrosis.
- When Faisal was 13 he attended a soccer camp in Barcelona and met Lionel Messi.
To learn more about Faisal and the ways he manages his mental well being, please listen to the podcast.
This educational podcast was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Chiesi to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.