Eileen Minogue, Director of Operations for Patient Airlift Services (PALS), discusses arranging FREE air transportation for patients with in CF in need of medical diagnosis or treatment.
PALS is a nonprofit 501(3)c that is helping the CF community and “changing the world, one flight at a time …”
PALS offers three missions:
- Financial need must be verified with a social worker.
- Patient must be ambulatory and medically stable.
- If individual requires oxygen, it must be FAA approved. PALS does not provide oxygen.
- PALS can fly to and from more than 5,000 airports.
- PALS can cover flights in the entire Northeastern United States, and they are linked nationally through the Air Care Alliance Group.
888-818-1231 or 516-300-1660
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.