Marc Smolowitz, making his directorial debut, speaks about “The Power of Two” documentary film.
“The Power of Two” offers an intimate portrayal of the bond between half–Japanese twin sisters, Anabel Stenzel and Isabel Stenzel Byrnes, their battle with cystic fibrosis and the miraculous survival through double-lung transplants.
- “Reading their book sealed the deal to make the film. Ana and Isa are great writers,” Marc says.
- Marc enjoys heath care storytelling that lends itself to bigger and more personal issues. “Seeing what patients go through with a chronic illness is very powerful,” Marc says.
- “Most people take breathing for granted, but it is amazing what people with CF go through just to breathe… I tried to focus a lot on breathing throughout the film,” he says.
- Marc’s trip to Japan with Ana and Isa was amazing. “Ana and Isa are cultural ambassadors.”
- “The Power of Two” engages the multiple communities: cystic fibrosis; transplant; and medical and health care. “Engage with us…”
- For more information on the film: www.thepoweroftwomovie.com.
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast is made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.