Travis Flores, 18 years old with cystic fibrosis, grew up in Ohio and is attending college in New York City. Besides going to school, Travis has written a children’s book, has two websites that are raising awareness and funds for cystic fibrosis and is a "Heroes of Hope" award recipient. Travis is living, breathing and succeeding with CF.
- Travis started advocating for cystic fibrosis at a very young age and “embraces cystic fibrosis.”
- The Spider Who Never Gave Up is a children’s book that Travis wrote when he was eight. (www.sparkeythespider.com)
- Travis also created a non-profit organization that helps get computers for children and adolescent patients in the hospital so they can communicate friends (www.tfcf.org)
- Travis enjoys being active in the community, writing music, people watching and taking long walks.
- “Living with CF, it is important to find a balance with being compliant and your social life, as well as having a great support team,” Travis says.
- Travis’ goals include: graduate college, succeed in career, and raise awareness for cystic fibrosis.
- Travis’ recommendation to everyone: “Embrace life!”
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast is the 8th in a series of 12 made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.