Watch the CFurther: Planning for College and Beyond webcast, proudly brought to you by the Boomer Esiason Foundation and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. The 60-minute webcast addresses some of the issues young adults with CF are dealing with as they move into adulthood, such as living away from home for the first time and making educated decisions about their care at college.
Moderated by Boomer’s 21-year-old daughter Sydney, the webcast features an expert panel that includes:
- Gunnar Esiason, Boomer's 22-year old son who has CF and is a recent college graduate
- Ginny Hughes, mother of two daughters with CF, 25 and 27-year-old college graduates
- Amy Plachta, LMSW, a social worker with 15 years of experience at the Cystic Fibrosis Center at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York
By sharing their personal and professional experiences, the panelists provide valuable perspectives and practical advice on disease management, college transitions and close relationships.
Download the presentation slides to follow along with the webcast discussion.
Download the following Tip Sheets developed from the panelists’ advice:
- Living On Your Own In College
- Dorm Room 101: What to Bring
- Dorm Room 101: What to Do
- A Parent’s and Caregiver’s Guide to Getting Ready for College
- Tips for Friends and Roommates
Visit www.CFvoice.com for more educational resources and videos.