I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS
Feeling alone doesn't mean you're in it alone
Meghan cultures Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) and ends up in the hospital.
Something to Talk About: Use the following questions to think about Meghan's story and whether it relates to you, a loved one, or a friend.
- Have you been diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) lung infection? If so, do you remember how you felt when your doctor told you about this diagnosis? If not, have you discussed this "bug" with your physician?
- In the hospital, it really lifted Meghan's spirits when she was able to speak with Christopher about her diagnosis. Do you have a friend you can talk to when you feel down or alone?
- Do you have someone in your life to act as a “CF mentor” other than a family member or peer?
Hitting the road shouldn't mean leaving your health in the dust
Christopher wants a vacation...from his CF.
Something to Talk About: Use the following questions to think about Christopher’s story and whether it relates to you, a loved one or a friend.
- Sometimes we tend to fight with the people we care about most. Have you ever gotten in a heated argument with a loved one about sticking to your treatment regimen while on vacation? What is the hardest thing about sticking to your treatments?
- Do your friends know about your CF? When do you feel it is the right time to disclose this information? Has your friend’s understanding of CF helped you?
- What does your “CF travel kit” look like? Have you and your CF Care Team ever had a discussion about a specific plan for when you travel?
Want more Christopher and Meghan?
The fictional characters Christopher Morgan and Meghan Powell were created by Novartis as an educational resource for the CF community. The storylines for the three original movies are inspired by interviews with people with CF, their healthcare providers, caregivers and friends.
You can watch the three original films on CFvoice.com:
- Becoming Christopher: http://bit.ly/16jtI2c
- Christopher Chronicles: http://bit.ly/12tyhdl
- Raising Meghan: http://bit.ly/16AO22M
BROUGHT TO YOU BY