November 14, 2005
Scott Johnson: The Double Lung Transplant (Part II)
Jerry Cahill interviews Scott Johnson about his double lung transplant
Scott Johnson is 33 years old with cystic fibrosis and had a double lung transplant 4 years ago on September 15th 2001 at University North Carolina Medical Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Scott grew up in Jacksonville, North Carolina
- At 27 years old with a sinus infection Scott’s lung x-rays looked like a “blizzard?
- Scott was listed for 2 years, the surgery was 9 hours, and he was hospitalized for 17 days.
- Scott prepared for the transplant by exercising on a treadmill and weights and going to support groups.
- “Exercise and a Positive Attitude? helped Scott make it through the surgery
- Scott states: “My quality of life with my new lungs is better than living with CF?.
- Scott words of encouragement for others listed for a transplant: “Maintain a positive outlook and keep exercising!?