Beth Sufian Podcast Show notes
Title: New Challenges in Obtaining & Maintaining Health Insurance
Beth Sufian is an attorney and a 41 year-old with cystic fibrosis. She is the Director of the CF Legal Information Hotline, sponsored by CF Services Pharmacy, which has assisted over 7,000 people with CF. Beth serves on the CF Foundation Advisory Task Force on Adult Issues.
- Beth talks about knowing your legal rights and advocating for yourself and children.
- Beth discusses who qualifies for Social Security benefits, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Learn pointers on how to obtain health insurance for children and adults with CF and how to deal with increasing drug co-pays.
- CF Legal Information Hotline offers free and confidential information on legal rights of people with CF. Call: 1-800-622-0385 or Email: CFLegal@cfserv.com
- Learn about the “golden nuggets? of HIPAA
- “Keep good records? suggests Beth
- COBRA Insurance – Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act.
- Beth gives pointers on Transitioning to Adulthood.
- Beth also talks about Government Programs:
- SSI – Supplemental Security Income
- SSDI – Social Security Disability Income
- Beth Sufian’s clients include many people with CF. She is based out of Houston, Texas and travels nationally.