September 21, 2007
Linda Hood from Cincinnati, Ohio talks about growing up with twin boys with CF – Keith and Kyle – and transitioning to an adult CF center. Linda’s boys were born 4 weeks early and found out they had cystic fibrosis at 6 months of age.
- “Finding out my twin boys had cystic fibrosis was the most devastating thing in my life…? states Linda
- Linda states; “the doctors told a horrifying story and said my boys would not live to 18 years of age?
- Linda and her family were proactive and started fundraising for a cure.
- Being a caregiver is scary due to concerns/fear of germs at school.
- Linda discusses making the transition from pediatric to adult CF center and the resources available to adults.
- Linda gets her support from her husband – “My husband is my strength and gets me through the tough times…?
- “Stay hopeful… do what the doctors tell you to do… do not take shortcuts,? states Linda.
- Linda’s advice: “Let your son or daughter be boys or girls and ENJOY LIFE!?
- Keith and Kyle are in college today and LIVING BREATHING SUCCEEDING.