In this episode, we talk with Bret and Brennan Hatfield, both of whom are brothers and enjoying high school in Omaha, Nebraska. Bret is 15, Brennan is 17, and both are living, breathing and succeeding with cystic fibrosis.
- Bret and Brennan were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis when they were four years old.
- They acknowledge the challenge that cystic fibrosis presents, but are determined to lead normal lives.
- For both, being compliant means setting up and sticking to a daily schedule for taking medications.
- Some of their favorite things to eat for breakfast include biscuits, pop tarts, bacon, and a chocolate protein shake.
- Both brothers like to run at least two miles on the treadmill and lift weights together. At times, they can get competitive with each other.
- Brennan says one of the toughest parts about having cystic fibrosis is the time treatments take away from his social life.
- Bret and Brennan both swim during the winter to stay active.
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast is made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.