March 19, 2019
Watch the CFurther: Empowering Self Care From a Young Age webcast, proudly brought to you by the Boomer Esiason Foundation and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. This webcast offers practical advice to caregivers on finding the right balance between shifting the responsibilities of managing cystic fibrosis (CF) treatments to their children while still providing needed support.
Moderated by Kat Quinn, BSW, MS, a mother of a 9-year-old girl with CF, and founder of the Blooming Rose Foundation, the webcast features an expert panel that includes:
- Tess Dunn, 20-year-old CF patient, singer-songwriter and CF advocate
- Siri Vaeth Dunn, MSW, mother of Tess, social worker and program and outreach manager at Cystic Fibrosis Research, Inc.
- Dr. Susanna McColley, pediatric pulmonologist in Chicago, Illinois, professor and Associate Director of Cystic Fibrosis Center Division of Pulmonary Medicine Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Download the presentation slides to follow along with the webcast discussion.
Download the following Tip Sheets based on the panelists’ advice:
- Travel Smart: Tips for Vacation
- Talk It Out: Tips on Disclosure
- Check It Off: CF Checklists For Teens
- Let’s Talk: CF 101 For Kids