October 6, 2005
“Jump Drive? for Better Health Care
Jerry Cahill interviews Dr. Jamie Wells on putting medical information on a “jump drive?
- “Jump Drive?: also know as a USB drive or flash drive is a “plug-and-play? portable storage device that is lightweight enough to attach to a key chain that cost under $20.
- Dr. Wells states: “jump drives empowers us in our health care and enables patients to be their own advocates
- Medical information & records can be stored on a “jump drive? and this is extremely important to someone with a chronic disease or medical condition for doctor visits and emergency room visits.
- “Jump Drives? contain such information as emergency contacts, physicians contacts, past medical history, allergies/adverse effects, current medications, and laboratory test information.
- The BOOMER ESIASON FOUNDATION will be putting a “Jump Drive? Medical Template up on their site (www.esiason.org) and offering the drives to individuals with CF with proper documentation.