The Cystic Fibrosis Institute (CFI) is committed to supporting those affected by cystic fibrosis in the Chicago area and to making a difference by being a meaningful and active source of assistance and advocacy for all CF individuals and families for dealing with the everyday challenge of cystic fibrosis.
Dr. Steven Boas, a Board-Certified Pediatric Pulmonologist, is dedicated to the care of children and adolescents with acute or chronic respiratory disorders.
The Cystic Fibrosis Institute was founded in 2003 on the fundamental principle that every person with CF deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential, to lead as normal life as possible and, despite the many obstacles they and their families face, share in the joys of life itself.
- CFI is a 501(c) (3) Not for Profit organization based in Glenview, Chicago
- Dr. Boas states: “CFI offers services/educational programs for people with CF and their families.?
- CFI develops strategic partnerships with local and national businesses for support.
- CFI offers clinical assistance and supports research investigations
- “The Winter Education Retreat being held on February 16th 2008 is our biggest event and is being held in Glenview, Illinois (just outside of Chicago)? states Dr. Boas.
- Winter Education Retreat focuses on practical issues for people with CF with the goal of giving people with CF at least one more tool that they did not have prior to the event.
- Dr. Boas is a major advocate of exercise and believes exercise is key or “just getting people to move…?
- More info available at: www.cysticfibrosisinstitute.org or call 847-998-3434