May 9, 2008
Jenny Davison, 39 years old with cystic fibrosis (CF), happily married, the proud mother of her 10 year-old daughter Dara and LIVING BREATHING SUCCEEDING on a daily basis…
A little over a decade ago marriage and starting a family seemed to be an unthinkable dream for adults with CF. Through advancements in treatment of the disease and being compliant the dream became a reality for Jenny and her husband Tim.
- Jenny Davison grew up in Long Island and is one of 9 children.
- “Family is Extremely important to me? states Jenny.
- Deciding to have a family when you have CF can be risky business but… “Starting a family while you are healthy and always being compliant is key?
- “It is challenging for a woman with CF to have a child and you and your husband should know the risks but most importantly, take care of yourself first? states Jenny.
- Jenny maintained her career as a nurse for seven months of her pregnancy and believes in the importance of a strong support system.
- Jenny states: “Although I have cystic fibrosis, Tim and I never regret having a child… Dara has added so much to our lives?
- Jenny’s advice: “Having CF does not mean you stop your life – you just keep living and have a career, think about getting married and starting a family… you do what everyone else does – I just have to work a little harder at it with CF?
- “Everybody has something and cystic fibrosis is what I have…?This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.? Podcast/Vodcast series is the 3rd of 12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.