June 16, 2008
Beth Sufian, 42 years old and compliant with cystic fibrosis (CF). Beth is happily married living in Texas, an attorney, serves on the CF Foundation Advisory Task Force on adult issues and is LIVING BREATHING SUCCEEDING on a daily basis…
- Beth talks about knowing your legal rights and advocating for yourself.
- Beth discusses who qualifies for Social Security benefits, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Learn pointers on how to obtain health insurance for children and adults with CF and how to deal with increasing drug co-pays.
- Beth discusses SSI, SSDI, Adult CF programs, COBRA, pre-existing clauses, Family Medical Leave Act, and YOUR medical records.
- “ Be compliant – take care of yourself first and foremost” is Beth’s main advice.
- “Big is Better when it comes to health insurance” states Beth.This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is the 4th of 12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.