Podcast 131 | March 2014
In this podcast, Jerry discusses at-home spirometers, mainly the Spiro PD – a personal spirometer that empowers respiratory patients to monitor their lung function remotely and to comply with medication and treatment protocols.
- The telemedicine feature allows patients to upload their test results to their computer in order to better communication with their medical team.
- The Spiro PD measures FVC, FEV1, FEV1/FVC, FEF 25-75, PEF, % Predicted.
- Spiro PD’s audible voice coaches patients using visual cues, voice prompts, and onscreen instructions during tests to ensure accuracy.
- Spiro PD life span is at least 5 years, depending on frequency of use.
- Spiro PD is small, lightweight (only 9 ounces) and designed for portability with a re-chargeable battery that lasts several days on one charge.
To learn more about Spiro PD, please visit www.spiropd.com
* A prescription is required for all US purchases. *
This video podcast/vodcast was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech.