Bonnie Strangio $2500 Education Scholarship
Application Deadline: June 30, 2006
The Bonnie Strangio Education Scholarship was established in 2005 to honor the memory of Bonnie Strangio. The scholarship will be awarded to a person living with cystic fibrosis who, like Bonnie, has an upbeat personality and a “can-do” attitude and shows a tremendous passion for life in achieving their goals despite battling CF.
Bonnie loved life and everything in it. She appreciated family, friends, and people in general. She always offered a patient ear to listen to friends. Bonnie held a B.A. in Psychology and Masters in Teaching that took her down the career path of a special education teacher in a New Jersey high school where she focused on allowing learning disabled students to integrate in mainstream society. Strong, brave, and giving, she never felt sorry for herself but strove to make the best of everything. Everyone, young and old, loved her!
An undergraduate or graduate student who has cystic fibrosis and whose service and commitment to the prevention and cure of cystic fibrosis is exemplary.
– Candidate will complete an application.
– Candidate will submit all necessary documentation including:
– Essay on post graduation goals.
– Recent photo.
– Letter from physician confirming CF diagnosis.
– Most recent W2 form verification for both parents.
– Transcript (high school, college, or graduate).
– Letter of acceptance from academic institution.
– The committee will choose finalists who will be interviewed thereafter.
– The award recipient will be chosen by a majority vote.
SELECTION TIME PARAMETERS
Available at the Boomer Esiason Foundation web site: http://www.esiason.org
Available at: http://www.cfscholarships.com/bonnie_strangio_scholarship.html
Boomer Esiason Foundation
c/o Jerry Cahill
417 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10016
EMAIL QUESTIONS TO: email@example.com