August 29, 2005
Jerry Cahill interviews Cris Dopher
“I live to Run and Run to Live” States Cris Dopher, 34 Years Old, Who is Taking Cystic Fibrosis by the Throat and Taking Control of His Life.
- Diagnosed at 4 years old due to “failure to thrive?
- Cris grew up in Southern California and Missouri prior to moving to NYC
- “My parents did not panic when they heard the news about my diagnosis with CF?
- Cris has 2 sisters and I brother
- Attended Missouri State University as an undergraduate and New York University for graduate work in Fine Arts.
- Mount Sinai in New York is Cris’ CF Center
- Biggest challenge: “Time spent on treatments?
- “Although having CF is a major wake-up call… I try to see things in a more positive way and that opens up new doors and possibilities…?
- Cris believes the most important factors that keep him healthy are: “Family support, great doctors, and his motivation to research?
- Cris completed the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati, Ohio in a time of 5 hours 25 minutes.
- Cris plans on running the New York City Marathon in 2006 and his goal is sub 5 hours
- “You are not alone with CF and therefore I like to contribute to the CF community.